Over the years I have had some interest on very varied topics.
Amongst them (and in no particular order):
- Linux and Open Source projects.
- Flight simulation.
- Stewart-Gough platforms or hexapods.
- Miniature helicopter control theory (Bell-Hiller mixing).
- Lathe machining and metalworking.
- Book scanning, page uncurling, 3D-sensing of book depth, and OpenCV.
- Microcontrollers, Atmel AVR, Mbed LPC, and Xilinx FPGA’s.
- Sous-vide cooking.
- Solanaceae planting (tomatillo, chile, chilli, etc.).
- 3D Printing.
- Hobby Electronics.
On a more personal note, I am a Seventh Day Adventist.
I currently attend the Cumbres Church, in Monterrey, México.
But previously I have attended Clarkson, Landsdale, and Carmel Churches in Perth, WA.
I try to give back to my community and support the younger ones by helping run a youth adventure club called AY Pathfinders. Where 10 to 15 year olds gather to learn about camping and fittnes skills, and also provides for their intellectual and spiritual needs.
This has seen me camp out at least 3 times per year during the past 15 years, lots of 1- or 2-day hikes and multiple Pathfinder meetings and Master Guide events.